- unpack the archive
- The .zip archive from GitHub is structured (folder hierarchy) as you find it in their local Gimp install directory.
Copy all files/ folders in this directory "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0" or use Gimp User Folder "C:\Users\Your User Name\.gimp-2.8\"
- Now start Gimp
- for a quick start, you can use the template "skull.glow.art.start.xcf"
2. Prepare the picture
- open an image of your choice (RGB, RGBA) and name this layer "background"
- good results I have conceded with image sizes of 2500px and higher (picture 1)
- create a new layer above the "background" layer called "brush" (picture 2). With the "brush" layer selected, brush onto the areas of your photo that you want to apply the effect to.
Please pay attention to the correct spelling of all 2 layers "background" and "brush" (picture 2).
3. start Script
4. The script window
- Now you can run the script with "OK"
In the script process, you will have to make 2 entries (picture 5). 2 times you will be prompted entries for "Solid Noise ..."(picture 5) to make. Play with the settings.
"Solid Noise ..." Filter is responsible for the dark cracks in the background of the picture.
- Depending on the size of your image could take several minutes.
- The script in action: