- unpack the archive
- The .zip archive from GitHub is structured (folder hierarchy) as you find it in their local Gimp install directory. Copy all files/ folders in this directory "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0" or use Gimp User Folder "C:\Users\Your User Name\.gimp-2.8\"
- Now start Gimp
- for a quick start, you can use the template "pixelated.001.xcf"
2. Prepare the picture
- Open an image of your choice (RGB, RGBA)
- good results I have conceded with image sizes of 2500px and higher (picture 1) create a new layer above the "background" layer called "area-brush" (picture 2). With the "area-brush" layer selected, brush onto the areas of your photo that you want to apply the effect to.
Please pay attention to the correct spelling of all 2 layers "background" and "area-brush" (picture 2).
3. start Script
4. The script window
- Now you can run the script with "OK"
- Depending on the size of your image could take several minutes.
- The script in action:
- inspired by Pixelated (Photoshop action script).
If you benefit from my work, please, support my work.
Download on GitHub